For nearly 20 years, the Arizona Housing Coalition’s Arizona Veterans StandDown Alliance has brought community-based organizations together for a two-day event that offers assistance to Arizona homeless and at-risk Veterans and their families.
Since 2016, our Lerner and Rowe Gives Back team has partnered with Fitz Madrid from 98KUPD to support the Maricopa County StandDown resource fair. This year we matched his listener donations dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000.
2020 Maricopa County StandDown details:
Dates: Thursday, January 23 and Friday, January, 24
Times: Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. | Services end at 4:00 p.m.
Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum Arizona State Fairgrounds (1826 W. McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85007)
Resources to be offered to local area U.S. military veterans and their families include:
- VA Benefits Assistance
- DES Benefits Assistance
- Maricopa County & City Municipal Courts
- MVD Services – IDs & driver licenses
- Social Security Administration Services
- Medical, Vision, & Behavioral Health Services
- Substance Abuse Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Employment Services
- Education Services & Opportunities
- Pet Care (all domestic animals welcome)
- Haircuts & Hygiene
- Emergency Shelter Solutions
- On-site storage for personal items
- Dental services provided by Central Arizona Dental Society’s Mission of Mercy
For more information about the 2020 Maricopa StandDown resource fair, please contact the Arizona Veterans StandDown Alliance directly at AVSA@azhousingcoalition.org or by phone at (602) 340-9393.
Watch this video of gratitude posted by Fitz Madrid thanking all those who helped raise $10,563 in support of the 2020 Maricopa StandDown.