2021 marks the 20th anniversary of a chain of tragic events that rocked our nation. It also marks the eighth year the Military Assistance Mission’s (MAM) board of directors has organized an event to commemorate the actions of the honorable men and women who sacrificed so much for our country on September 11, 2001.
Our team is honored to be the title sponsor of MAM’s 9/11: 20 Years Later half-hour televised special that AZ Family 3TV’s Nicole Crites produced for MAM. This is the third year in a row that Lerner and Rowe Gives Back has had this honor.
Featured Guests Worth Watching
Two decades later, can you remember what you were doing the morning of September 11th when news of the four coordinated attacks was released to the public? These special guests will share their individual stories with us:
- A family of Arizona’s only victim of the terrorist attacks will share the emotional journey to healing.
- Former Phoenix Fire Chief Bob Khan will share his perspective on what it was like to be part of the recovery efforts at ground zero.
- Thomas E. Franklin, the photographer who took the iconic photo of the three firefighters raising the flag from the rubble, will also be interviewed.
- Decades of people that were inspired to enlist because of that fateful day.
- Lastly, a Pearl Harbor survivor provides a unique perspective about the events that occured on 9/11.
How to View the 9/11 20 Years Later Special
You have a few different options to view this special 9/11 tribute that will broadcast commercial free from 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. on September 11th.
- Watch AZ Family 3TV’s Youtube broadcast from your mobile devices
- Turn your television to AZ Family 3TV
- Attend a viewing party at the American Legion William Bloys Post 2 (Tempe), American Legion Pat Tillman Post 117 (Phoenix), or Boondocks Patio & Grill (Scottsdale).
How to Join MAM’s Efforts to Support AZ Military Families
The lingering COVID-19 pandemic continues to drive up demand as spouses and guard members continue to struggle from months of being laid off without pay.
MAM provides financial and morale assistance to the lowest ranking military members.
You can join us in supporting our local Arizona military troops and families by:
- Making an individual donation online
- Becoming a corporate donor / sponsor
- Volunteering your time to support events, both virtual and in-person, that take place year round.
Please note that every dollar donated is tax deductible and stays local to fund financial aid grants that provide the following:
- Rent assistance to avoid eviction
- Grocery gift cards
- Car payments
- Utility assistance
- Back to school supplies for kids
- Baby showers for expecting parents
- Christmas gifts for families
- Gap grants for veterans waiting on their GI Bill for school
- Morale boosters like seats for soldiers and home remodels for wounded heroes
#NeverForget to Support Our Troops
Our team strongly believes in supporting active and retired members of the military and their families. Through their service in protecting our country, they may have experienced financial, emotional, and/or physical hardships. As such, we believe that now is the time for us to pay forward their efforts by offering them a helping hand to overcome these hardships and feel appreciated for any sacrifices they’ve made on our behalf.
Together, we can do more to spread light, hope, and make our world a better place.